Re: Deploy new code

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:14:05 +0000

I don't know of anyway to deploy new versions of code to IIS without stopping the app server. The compiled code will be in use and therefore unreplaceable. I'd be looking at a cluster/web farm and upgrading one at a time. I believe but don't guarantee that J2EE apps have a similar restriction.

On 10/31/06, Arnon, Yuval <Yuval.Arnon_at_webloyalty.com> wrote:

> Env:
> Win2003, Oracle 9i, OFS(oracle fail safe). Application Server - MS IIS
>
> I am looking for a new approach/method that will eliminate (if possible)
> the down time that the application currently needs to endure during the
> deploy window.
> When a new version of the code needs to be deployed, the web servers are
> stopped , code is deployed and to both DB and web servers, than Web
> servers are brought back up.
>
> What I want to achieve is to be able to have all this done while the
> application continues to work.
>
> TIA.
> Yuval
>

> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
> and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you,
> oracle-l_at_freelists.org, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
> information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY
> PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
> contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in
> electronic or hard copy format.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info