RE: Question about RAC

From: Bryan Thomas <bthomas_at_perftuning.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:15:20 -0600

Alex,

The NICs and the interconnect are related to the cluster (CRS). There is only one cluster per RAC.

There will only be one interconnect and one VIP set per cluster no matter how many instances are running.

-Bryan

From: amonte [mailto:ax.mount_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 3:41 PM
To: Bryan Thomas
Cc: Anurag Verma; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Question about RAC

Hi Bryan

Did each instance have dedicated NIC and Interconnect?

TIA   Alex

On 10/30/06, Bryan Thomas <bthomas_at_perftuning.com> wrote:

Anurag,

This is standard practice among most RAC installations. Last week I upgraded a 4-node cluster that had 5 instances on each node.

The obvious question is - How much memory do they have? Each instance will require its own SGA.

Bryan Thomas

Senior Consultant and Practice Manager

Performance Tuning Corporation

b_removeme_thomas_at_perftuning.com