RE: cas latch

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:22:26 -0500

Why am I not surprised? If I recall correctly, the HP RISC arctitecture is one that does not support the CAS instruction, at least on some of the older CPUs. Not sure if that is still true for it's most recent CPU offerings.

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak

Senior Oracle Architect

ProQuest Information & Learning

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005

	Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
	http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/