re: ordering tables changes cost/plan in 9.2.0.6

From: cosmin ioan <cosmini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:13:55 -0800 (PST)

hello all,
  I was under the impression that one would not have to worry about the table order in an OPTIMIZER_MODE=CHOOSE type query. I was recently presented with a query whereby the cost did not change that much, but the plan did change drastically by just changing the tables' order in the "FROM" clause.

  What can I infer from this? Is this "phenomenon" pretty widespread?   thx,
  Cos