Excluding devices for monitoring from EM10G

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:26:21 -0400

Folks,
When monitoring I/O statistics on devices through EM10G, is it possible to exclude certain devices so that they are either not monitored with the rest of the devices or monitored separately? The reason I am asking this is that in one of our production environments, EM is monitoring devices on the SAN as well as local devices. There is a monitoring software (TeamQuest) running on the server that is writing aggregate data to the local device (/opt/tramquest) every fours hours. This activity causes a large I/O spike on the local device every fours hours and skews the "longest service time" statistics. We want to separate our SAN devices from the local devices so that we get a more accurate picture of the I/O statistics. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amir