Re: EZ Connect with RAC?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:13:45 -0400

Thanks for your response.
You follow exactly my track of thoughts. The way moving services to another location and re-pointing would be done is with DNS. So in the simple way we should theoretically be covered. However, I foresee that for whatever reason we need a more complex change and than we (or the client) are doomed trying to change it in every place in zillion places of zillion applications. Plus so far it seems that proper RAC configuration will still require more advanced technique be it tnsnames.ora/LDAP/Names leading to double standards.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group