Re: Database Upgrade/Migration Dilemma

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:17:59 +0200

Hello Rich

I think the main point is what they mean by: "application up and running"?
If read only is good enough then turn all table spaces to read only and migrate the data.
After testing on the new computer you can alway return to the old one knowing that the original data is there. If they wanted also to do updates, the only way I see is to tell them not to do it.

BTW - What is the size of the DB?

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel