Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain - Solved?

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:55:43 -0500

I seem to have solved my issue by building another index and the same query that was not coming back
and running for 30min with a suppressed index is running in 3 to 4 minutes now. What I wonder now is whether
this was a good solution in the long run or did I just do a bandage without addressing the core issue. If anyone
have any thoughts I would appreciate them

In the meantime, thanks to Goran, Frits, Mark , Thomas and Eagle fan for thier help

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "Thomas Day"
             <tomday2_at_gmail.co
             Sent by:                  genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
             oracle-l-bounce_at_f                                          cc
             reelists.org              oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: latch wait - cache buffer chain
             10/25/2006 01:39
             PM

             Please respond to
             tomday2_at_gmail.com

I just look up "Ask Tom" and he says that there's only one reason to used a reversed index -

"why you would: you are using OPS and need to remove a hot spot from an index on a table every node inserts into. Period. thats the only reason."

So I guess that it wouldn't be a worthwhile fix to this problem anyway.