Re: Oracle Announces The Same Enterprise Class Support For Linux As For Its Database

From: Chris Marquez <marquezemail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:28:07 -0400

>> difficult time justifying the cost of RedHat
>> support versus our corporate Winders rate,

Wow maybe I'm out of the loop, but I assume Windows would be more. I sure it must be more when you get OUT of the "name user licenses" pricing?

"Oracle Lifetime Support will be offered for $1,199 for a 2 CPU system" So RH must be more than this and MS is more?...less?

Thanks,

--
Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA