RE: 10.2.0 Standalone OEM Sessions Page Lacks Controls

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:45:36 -0700

A lot of the functionality was stripped ouf of the 10g Java EM console. My guess would be that the OEM help is incorrect - they probably didn't do a very thorough job of updating it to account for the removed functionality. For example, I found several references to a GUI Outline Manager in the 10g EM documentation, however there really is no GUI Outline Manager in 10g like there was in 9i.

You probably have to use DB Console - it is like Grid Control, but only for an individual database and it is installed by default with every database, at least if you create it with the DBCA.

Regards,
Brandon