Re: bitmapped index with "parallel" OK?

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:18:41 -0400

It's the old divide and conquer school of DBA security. Only the SA can see the core dump. However, I assumed that there was a reason you sent me there and a bit of searching did find BUG 4695511 which seems to fit the bill.

*ORA-600 [KXFQUPP_BAD_CVL] WHEN CREATING BITMAP INDEX ON HUGE TABLE *
**

The work arounds are "don't do that", increase the degree of parallelism (we don't know how much - try doubling it and see if that works) or apply a patchset.

I have passed the information along to those who will decide on the appropriate response. I expect that our work around will be to not use parallelism since that will only inconvenience the end users.