RE: bitmapped index with "parallel" OK?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:43:53 -0400

Thomas,

Did you try a lookup on MetaLink w/ the ORA-600/7445 lookup tool?

Log in to MetaLink, click the "Knowledge" tab. From there, Click
"Database" on the left side. Now, in the top center, third item under
"Database" is "ORA-600 Error Lookup by Argument".

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak

Senior Oracle Architect

ProQuest Information & Learning

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Oct 25, 2006 12:05 PM
To: oracle-l < oracle-l_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> >

I'm creating bitmapped indexes on a non-partitioned table.  If I add

"parallel" to the mix of options I get an end-of-channel and the
database takes a core dump. If I'm creating local bitmapped indexes on a partitioned table the parallel option is no problem. Also, parallel does not seem to be a problem with b-tree indexes (partitioned table or no). I've been through the documentation and tired Google but I can't find a definitive answer. Is "parallel" allowed with bitmapped indexes on non-partitioned tables? Our banner says - Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.7.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.7.0 - Production OS is AIX. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l