Nightly Incrementals for a specific user?

From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:38:27 -0700 (PDT)

Looking for recommendations here.

I need to export a user from an instance (probably exp maybe RMAN) then apply changes made from that user to a new database on a nightly basis. The reason I only want a single user is we currently share an instance with another application. In addition, this user has it's own tablespaces (there are no sharing of tablespaces).

What are dbas recommendation on how to perform this sort of task?

In summary we would like to perform a full backup of just a user once, then apply incremental of just that user to a new system on a nightly basis.

We are running Oracle 9.2.0.3 on solaris going to oracle 9.2.0.4 on linux.

Our user (schema) is fairly small around 1G in size. Inserts are about 40k inserts, maybe 2,000 updates/deletes a day. There are around 40 tables in this schema. The other users in this database are the large ones and we are not interested in migrating these other users.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

-Lizz

Do You Yahoo!?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 23 2006 - 23:38:27 CDT