Re: SQL*Developer, Elbonian version

From: John D Parker <orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 07:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Quest bought the developer of TOra. It used to be quite a fine little product. It has suffered from lack of direction since the primary developer joined Quest. It's far superior to sqldeveloper, expecially from a DBA point of view. I've tried to use sqldeveloper, but it's just too painful to bear.

John

Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com> wrote: On 10/23/06, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> There is also something called "tora". It's not being developed very intensely,
> but it is being developed. And it is a good product. More about tora can be found
> at: http://tora.sourceforge.net. Tora is, just like SQL*Developer, a multi-platform
> free product. Unlike the dinosaur, it's written in C++, which makes it much faster
> then the dinosaur.

But didn't quest buy this product as well?