Re: ** keep/pin objects in sga

From: eagle fan <>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:23:48 +0800

If you have literal sql issue, I suggest you use bind variables rather than cusor_sharing.

The parameter cursor_space_for_time is used to pin shared sql in shared_pool. You can find more info about this parameter..

For advance warning, you can check the x$ tables: x$kghlu, x$ksmss, x$ksmsp

On 10/22/06, A Joshi <> wrote:
> Fuad,
> Thanks. So no short cut there. OK. So I guess we still need to do
> keeping of objects and sql. And put in bind variables. I assume there is
> some improvement in 9i in handling all this. Is there anything else that can
> be done to improve the sga usage and avoid its fragmentation and is there
> way to get advance warning when it is fragmented and could be heading for
> problems. Thanks
> *Fuad Arshad <>* wrote:
> cursor sharing still has a lot of bugs.
> it depends on the environment but tom kyte also asked for the use of this
> only at session level rather than system level

Eagle Fan

Oracle DBA