Re: RMAN impact

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 17:27:52 -0400

One minor correction to Brandon's otherwise great post:

Incremental backups are available with Standard Edition, starting with 10gR2. DBAs working with
earlier releases of SE may find the upgrade to 10.2 worthwhile just for that...

Also beginning with 10gR2, RMAN suports changed-block-tracking. With this feature (enabled),
incremental backups only need to read the blocks that have changed; this has the potential
to dramatically improve performance of incremental backups. As I recall, this feature is only
available in Enterprise Edition.

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead