RE: How to map processes to devices -- URGENT!

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:30:14 -0400

But how do I go in reverse direction? For example, I see that device c5t31d72s3 has high service times all the times then how would I tie it back to the processes using it? I have asked the Unix folks to send me the mountpoints-to-device mapping because it will help me look at things from Oracle's side. In the mean time I am trying to go in the reverse direction.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hameed, Amir Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:10 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: How to map processes to devices -- URGENT!

folks,
I am in need of an urgent help. I am trying to find out how to identify what processes are using certain devices. Our iostat shows high average service times on some SD devices. Our Unix folks seem to be lacking the expertise on how to identify processes that may be using those devices. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amir

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 08:30:14 CDT