RE: should one use ANSI join syntax when writing an Oracle application?

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:20:20 -0400

"My guess is that it would not be too hard to do a non-outer equijoin and slap that together with the pair of not-in or minuses and thereby compete with ANSI's cost."

Anybody volunteer to try it with purpose to show how "clear" statement would become?

In my previous e-mail I also wanted to stress clarity of the construct when using ANSI full outer join - to argue statements made by other listers. But on the other hand, from my experience, application performance always prevails code clarity requirements. And because of this I am not ready making my live harder to find "Oracle native way" when ANSI syntax is available which preserves both clarity and performance. Hopefully, Mladen will not be the one who reviews my code :-)

Mindaugas