Why increase in UNDO after truncate?

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:26:37 -0400

This is probably a stupid question but I have a 9207 database. In order to do a refresh, I truncate all the tables, disable sequences, foreign keys, etc. Since I truncate all the tables, etc., I don't understand why when I run an import it dramatically increases the size of the UNDO tablespace? What is it increasing UNDO? Is there any way around it?

Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with Live Search!
http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline