Re: keywords

From: Ruth Gramolini <ruth.gramolini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:21:31 -0400

The first part is right, but it is not being executed anywhere else. I spoke to the DBA who put it into the .profile and she just did it so she could get to her scripts easily without having to remember where they were on each server.

Ruth

On 10/16/06, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, you're saying that 'sql' was an alias for a
> command like 'cd /sqldir' - and when you run the OEM host job, it
> automatically runs from /sqldir, is that right?
>
> Maybe the 'sql' alias is being executed somewhere further down in the
> .profile?
>
> ------------------------------
> *From:* oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:
> oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] *On Behalf Of *Ruth Gramolini
>
> The previous DBA put an alias for the word 'sql' into the .profile in
> home Oracle.As it happens, sql is a keyword. When trying to run a host
> job from OEM, like simply putting in pwd it made the directory be whatever
> the alias for 'sql' was. I know that when a host job is run as oracle, it
> reads the .profile in home oracle, but does anyone know why it would execute
> the sql keyword?
>
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message or
> attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not
> consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
> business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
> by it.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin