keywords

From: Ruth Gramolini <ruth.gramolini_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:55:33 -0400

We recently ran accross a strange anomoly. The previous DBA put an alias for the word 'sql' into the .profile in home Oracle.As it happens, sql is a keyword. When trying to run a host job from OEM, like simply putting in pwd it made the directory be whatever the alias for 'sql' was. I know that when a host job is run as oracle, it reads the .profile in home oracle, but does anyone know why it would execute the sql keyword? I have fixed the problem, but the other DBA on site is afraid that we will find other anomolies when we try to use oem. I have used oem for 9 years and this is the first time something like this has happened.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Ruth

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin