RE: Puzzle - Hiding Data of some rows in a Table

From: Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:01:48 +0200

I guess that VPD rely somewhere on Fine Grain Control. I missed the link between FGAC and VPD but It is everything but simple. I still have the joy to discover the pleasure to tune a query with hidden predicates.
Must be fun.

bp

From: Ghassan Salem [mailto:salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, 16 October, 2006 12:57 PM
To: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Puzzle - Hiding Data of some rows in a Table

Vivek,
for puzzle 1, you could use VPD, it can do what you want, For Puzzle 2, look at Database Vault (available for 10.2 only). It allows you to forbid DBA from looking into data.

rgds

On 10/16/06, VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

        Folks

        Puzzle 1 - For a Banking Application, for certain V.I.P. Accounts (translating to respective rows in a set of Tables), the general Staff should NOT be able to View the respective Account info. But Bank-wide summation reports fired by the same staff should consider the Data from the VIP Accounts too.

        Puzzle 2 Additionally DBAs also should also NOT be able to see the above data.

        Any ideas how this can be achieved?

        Qs Does Row based Encryption perchance exist in 10.2? If so, is it a possible solution? If so, does it have performance overheads?

        Thanks indeed