RE: Insert into CLOB field causes enqueue

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:52:16 +0200

Hi

The HW enqueue is used in two situations: - When the high water mark is increased. - When new extents are allocated.

In both cases the contention is related to the header block.

If the extents are small and the generation of new extents is high, increasing the extent size is the way to go. In fact pre-allocating them is just a temporary solution if you table is growing steadily.

If the problem is related to the high water mark, you have to reduce contention. Here I see only two methods: - Reducing concurrency.
- Partitioning the segment.

HTH
Chris