RE: Re-setting V$tables

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:26:48 +0800

Hi,

Um, why reinvent the wheel?

If you're on 10g, just use dbms_monitor for selectively tracing and calculating stats based on service, module, action and client id...

DBMS_MONITOR is not just another wrapper around 10046 trace event, it's a completely new dimension to tracing and statistics collection which allows you to instrument your code at a very fine grained level, across sessions and even across instances.

Look at DBMS_STATS.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE and DBMS_STATS.SERV_MOD_ACT_TRACE_ENABLE for example..

Tanel.