Re: Re-setting V$tables

From: Ron Warshawsky <ronwarshawsky_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

>Here's the deal: I have some long running applications which I want to profile, without >restarting them. The applications are long running and not restartable without >cleanup.

  Hello Mladen,

    If you need to profile SQL execution information on a sessions level you can use SQL trace event 10046 (gets you wait events information, ect). On an instance level you can use Statspack/AWR data and analyze it on a time period base using standard text report or GUI (like Performance Explorer-i or OEM).

  Cheers,

    Ron