Re: Increasing certifications on oracle database, could increase reliability on dbas

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:36:22 -0700

On Oct 10, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Allen, Brandon wrote:

> I was trying to stay out of this one, but I must admit that I
> (being an
> OCP) take offense to that last comment so I'll have to stand up for
> all
> us OCPs :-)

There are exceptions to every rule (except maybe that one :) but having done technical hiring in a former life I understand what he meant. While there are certainly very worthwhile people who have certifications, way too many of them are obtained by people who aren't all that good and think that getting the certification will help. It usually doesn't.

janine