datapump impdp parallel option

From: Merrill, Chris <CMerrill_at_concordefs.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:26:12 -0500

Hi,

  I have a database running 10.1.0.4. I need to re-partition a large table on a different field. This table is partitioned daily with each partition holding 20+ million rows and average of 6.5 gig daily.

When using expdp I used the dumpfile wildcard (%U) with a parallel degree of 8. The export was very fast at about 2 to 3 minutes per partition. While importing I have been trying different degrees of parallel from 2 to 4 but I only see one of the worker processes doing anything. The import is taking about 40 minutes. I was expecting it to be much faster.

The data in the dumpfiles should span multiple partitions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Merrill

901 371 8000 ext 17873

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 10:26:12 CDT