Re: MySQL conversion

From: <john.hallas_at_nl.abnamro.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:19:46 +0200

MYSQL are not likely to have much on how to convert to Oracle in the same way that Oracle probably do not have a lot to offer on a conversion to MySQL
If the database is small then simple sql extracts may be sufficient rather than a whole database convert. There does seem to be a number of 3rd party tools available so I suspect that a mysqldump or similar would not be compatible with Oracle import/datapump.

I did find
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/migration/workbench/index.html which seems to do what you want (and for free)

John

EDS - EMEA Integration Engineering / ABN AMRO Account Location: Desk 2.05, Gondel 1, 1186 MJ Amstelveen, The Netherlands

Desk Phone +31 181 505278

LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
10/09/2006 05:42 PM
Please respond to
lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu

Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> cc

Subject
MySQL conversion

I just was asked about converting some MySQL databases to Oracle. I personally have never seen MySQL so I have no idea where to start with. Has anyone else done this? Can it be done? Can anyone point me to scripts to do it - if they exist? They are very small databases. If that is not easy, anyone point me to good docs on running it? I have been looking thru www.mysql.com but that doesn't tell me much.

LeRoy

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO Bank N.V, which has its seat at Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is registered in the Commercial Register under number 33002587, including its group companies, shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 10 2006 - 01:19:46 CDT