Re: MySQL conversion

From: Aditya Alurkar <aalurkar_at_linkedin.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:10:03 -0700

Since MySQL allows you to "dump" data directly to CSV files you can always dump the data and use something like SQLoader to import it into oracle, if you want to get all fancy perl would be good choice to move the data/maybe even create the tables.

A quick google search resulted in http://iheavy.com/node/51 which seems like a good starting point as well

On 10/9/06 9:03 AM, "Richard J. Goulet" <rgoulet_at_kanbay.com> wrote:

> LeRoy,
>
> You might look at
> http://www.synametrics.com/SynametricsWebApp/WinSQL.jsp. Their tool,
> which is free if you don't need the advanced features that are available
> for the first 30 days free as well, should be able to help you port
> things from MySql to Oracle smoothly. You may have a problem or two
> with data types, but this is pretty smart when it comes to those as
> well.
>

> Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA
> 45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
> Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795
> RGoulet_at_kanbay.com
> : POWERING TRANSFORMATION

Adi Alurkar
aalurkar_at_linkedin.com