Re: inline views & unions & other schemas; ora 9.2.0.6 bug?

From: cosmin ioan <cosmini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:09:12 -0700 (PDT)

well, halfway there...
  both the NO_MERGE and INLINE hints work, in that I do not get the ORA-03001 error anymore (when selecting from the other user) HOWEVER, there's no data coming back.... 0 records are retrieved (vs selecting from the owner where I am getting hundreds of records).

  any other thoughts?
  thx much,
  cosmin

Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

If you can associate the problem with particular views in certain cases, then you may be able to bypass the problem by referencing that view with a no_merge hint. This is likely to make the query run more slowly - but slow may be better than crashing.

select /*+ no_merge(viewx) */ ..
from
... , viewx, ....
where ...

You may even find that a global view will work in this context (though I haven't tried it) , e.g. viewQ includes viewA

select /*+ no_merge( viewQ.viewA) */ ..
from
... , viewQ, ....
where ...

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

hello all, I'm getting an ORA-03001 --"unimplemented feature" when I'm trying to select off a view based on other views (in turn based on other views... multiple levels, etc) containing UNIONS and INLINE VIEWS, in some pretty big ORA Apps modules.

I am **only** getting this error when querying from a different schema, and even then, it happens intermittently, on some instances, on some particular selects in a long UNION set.

I do not get the error when trying to select **from within** the owner's schema.
I've tried to reduce the problem to the simplest tables/queries but still cannot put my finger on the issue other than the fact that..the problem seems to go away if I do not use UNION to pull in more sets data.... however this is needed... I traced this to a Metalink article:

Subject: Ora-3001: "Unimplemented Feature" On Query Using "WITH" and FGAC Doc ID: Note:361345.1 Type: PROBLEM
Last Revision Date: 15-MAR-2006 Status: MODERATED

Has anyone seen anything like this before, ...how can this typically be circumvented?
(I have query_rewrite_enabled=true, etc)

my initial thought would be to create/populate some adhoc global temporary tables, do this preloading of a pretty huge ora apps summary beforehand.... or...fix this somehow (the part I'm interested).... or basically to turn
(simplistically speaking) a query such as
line1, 1,2,3,4,5,6 from dual (a horizontal layout) into a vertical one line1
1
2
3
4
5

in effect eliminating the current UNIONS which are causing me this current headache?

thx much,
Cosmin

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.