Re: datafiles space allocation algorithm

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:39:25 +0200

Hi

I used import.

the main reason I am worrying how Oracle allocate space is I have created 8 filesystems for a new database, I have created 8 tablespaces, each with 8 datafiles spread in 8 filesystems. I have 200GB in each filesystem. The problem is I have not been able to import suucessfulyl ever, filesystem allocates spaces randomly and some of them always grows much faster and one would reach 100% and causing error in my import session

thanks

Alex