RE: script to see explain plan

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:12:17 -0400

That script looks good to display execution plan of any arbitrary SQL that's already in the shared pool.

If you're working on/tuning a query, you could also do: explain plan for
<your query goes here>

And then do:
select * from table(dbms_xplan.display);

There is also autotrace, TkProf, etc. There are lots of ways to get an execution plan.

If I recall correctly, in 10g, dbms_xplan is enhanced, and you can use it to display any arbitrary SQL's execution plan...you don't need that script anymore.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. --Richard P. Feynman, 1918-1988