RE: query delay

From: Siva Valiveru <SValiveru_at_looksmart.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:49:20 -0700

When this is happening what are the top wait events from the AWR report.

If you have not enabled awr stats collection do that at a 10-15 min frequency.
exec dbms_workload_repository.modify_snapshot_settings(retention=>10080, interval=> 10);
/* for 10 min snapshots */

If you have problem(slowness) at say at 12.03 AM, take a AWR report from 12.00 and 12:10 and see what the top 5 waits, compare with good timing waits, that may show some light on further debugging.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Steiner, Randy Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:50 AM To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: query delay

I am running 10gr2 on 4 blades, everything is running much faster than on the old server ......except;

Periodically simple queries will take between 1 - 2 minutes. Simple as in

SELECT * FROM small_table.

This delay does not happen all the time. I do not think this is an index issue. I think this is a RAC wait issue.

I will occasionally (maybe once a day) get some of the following:

   Metrics "Global Cache Blocks Lost" is at 25

   Metrics "Database Time Spent Waiting (%)" is at 57.65708 for event class "Cluster"

Can anyone think of a way to investigate this?

Thanks

Randy