Re: ASM problems

From: Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:09:46 +0200

Hi

On 10/5/06, Lawie, Duncan <duncan.lawie_at_credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Johan,
>
> have you tried an /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks on the second node? This should, at least, allow the disk to be seen from both nodes.

On the second node:
[oracle_at_vobgperfmsdb02 ~]$ /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks

Scanning system for ASM disks:                             [  OK  ]
[oracle_at_vobgperfmsdb02 ~]$ /etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks ORADATA1 But given the error I made I think it is ok, I did add the new disk to diskgroup ORADATA1

> It looks like the select from v$asm_disk is being done in the RDBMS. What do you get if you do the select in your ASM instance? Does it show the second disk? Is it a member of a disk group?
>
> select d.name, d.state, g.name from
> v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g
> where d.group_number = g.group_number

SQL> select d.name, d.state, g.name from v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g
where d.group_number = g.group_number 2 3 ;

NAME                           STATE    NAME
ORADATA1                       NORMAL   ORADATA1
ORADATA2                       FORCING  ORADATA1

So yes, It is a member of the group ORADATA1

> If the second disk isn't a member of a disk group you are OK.
>
> If it is a member of a disk group, try dropping it from that group
>
> alter diskgroup ORADATA1 drop disk WHATEVER;

and in this case the WHATEVER is ? not the devicename I suppose but the disk name ORADATA2?