RE: ASM problems

From: Lawie, Duncan <duncan.lawie_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:40:04 -0400

Johan,

have you tried an /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks on the second node? This should, at least, allow the disk to be seen from both nodes.

It looks like the select from v$asm_disk is being done in the RDBMS. What do you get if you do the select in your ASM instance? Does it show the second disk? Is it a member of a disk group?

select d.name, d.state, g.name from
v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g
where d.group_number = g.group_number

If the second disk isn't a member of a disk group you are OK.

If it is a member of a disk group, try dropping it from that group

alter diskgroup ORADATA1 drop disk WHATEVER;

[ assuming asm_power_limit is non zero ]

HTH,
Duncan.