Re: ASM problems

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 04:30:33 -0700 (PDT)

Just to clarify the reason I hope u are on 10.2.0.2 is becoz of the bugs mentioned in   alert Note 353065.1 on ML

  -Fairlie

Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com> wrote:   Hi

In our RAC environment (oracle 10.2 on linux, storage is in ASM, 2 node cluster) I should add a second diskgroup so that we could run some bigger tests but instead of creating a new diskgroup I added it to the existing group. Now I dont know how to remove it from the group.

At the moment only one node is working , probably due to this error i made.

from sqlplus i get:
system_at_msrac1> select name, state from v$asm_disk;

NAME STATE

ORADATA1 NORMAL but when looking in EM I also have a second disk ORADATA2 in state FORCING, it shows 100% used but should have no data in it.

/johan

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 05 2006 - 06:30:33 CDT