RE: lsnrctl set_logging command

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:08:43 -0700

I don't have any experience with set_logging and I'm not sure if it's even a valid command:

LSNRCTL> help set
The following operations are available after set An asterisk (*) denotes a modifier or extended command:

password                    rawmode
displaymode                 trc_file
trc_directory               trc_level
log_file                    log_directory
log_status                  current_listener
inbound_connect_timeout     startup_waittime
save_config_on_stop

However, I have used "set log_file" several times to redirect to a new log file, e.g. listener_2.log - and never had any problems with that approach.

Regards,
Brandon