RE: xlC requirement for 10gR2 on AIX?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:37:09 -0400

Rich,

I realized I did not answer your question.

I ignored the error as instructed by the README because I do not have C++ installed and have no intention of installing it - sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

If I were you, I ask the COTS application if they have any need for C++ on the database server. If they say "no" (and I hope they do), then do not hack anything and ignore the error. If they say "YES", then ask what versions, etc. etc. and proceed from there.

Good Luck!

Tom