RE: How best to get Oracle to divulge "proprietary information"

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:35:01 +0800

Quoting Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>:

> I think it would be reasonable for Oracle to publish bug descriptions for
> every bug, removing customer information.

Absolutely. Couldn't care less who the customer is. The bug will probably be in a table somewhere, implement a view for the text only. Or to a summary. That's all we need.

One of the many advantages of the open source mob is that all their known bugs are easily accessible. Regardless of any info about who hit them. I can't believe it is beyond Oracle to find a similar solution...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto