RE: Gathering statistics for a specific schema

From: Raghunath, Shivaswamy K. <SKRaghunath_at_magellanhealth.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:16:54 -0400

Hi.

You know that there are many options. Here is one general method you can use to collect stats for Isabel's schema.

Sample size is set to AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE. You can set it to percentage of your choice, if you wish.

No histograms are created here. METHOD_OPT is set to 1.

The collection is not done in parallel.

EXEC SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS(OWNNAME => 'ISABEL', ESTIMATE_PERCENT =>DBMS_STATS.AUTO_SAMPLE_SIZE, DEGREE => 1, METHOD_OPT=>'FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE 1');   HTH, Shiva

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of crcbedoy_at_proteccion.com.co Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:21 AM To: 'oracle-l'
Subject: Gathering statistics for a specific schema

Hi,

I need your help, I am new to the usage of statistics and I need to get the statistics for a specific schema. I know that by using the package DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS I can the statistics, but I don't know how to manipulate them. Could you guys give me a clue about what should I do or where can I find information about using this packege and manipulating information given by it?

Thanks a lot for your help:)

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Gestión de Tecnología
Tel. 2307500 ext: 4077