Re: best laptop for an errant dba?

From: Sinardy Xing <oracle.rdbms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:40:28 +0800

For quality I think both are the same, if you open up and take a look inside most of the components are the same, the fact is Dell can buy online and cheaper.

But I like Sony, very sexy... suitable for my Sony Ericsson phone.

For DBA I think if your notebook fast enough for TOAD and having wifi enabled so that can VPN to data centre from starbuck more than enough already. And don't waste your time and money looking for notebook for your UAT enviroment. Soon Oracle will release 11g with few hundreds more features which required more CPU and memory power.

On 10/3/06, Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com> wrote:

> I like HP; hate Dell.
>
> rr

regards,

Sinardy