Re: OT: best laptop for an errant dba?

From: Keith Moore <kmoore_at_zephyrus.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:21:57 -0500 (CDT)

I bought as Apple Powerbook. It's a couple of years old, so it's not the Intel based one.

Pros:
1. If you are working in a Unix/Linux environment, it's great because it has X-Windows, ssh, sftp, bash, all the unix tools, etc built in. 2. It will run Oracle, but not necessarily the latest version

Cons:
1. Won't run Toad and many other GUI based tools. In my case, it will under Virtual PC, but it's dog slow. This situation is getting better all the time with the Intel based machines since the emulation is much lighter weight.

Keith