RE: Download database software

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:33:11 -0400

Either that or make sure that unzip is in the /usr/bin directory. It could be that your path does not include this directory so you can't find it.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Sharples Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 11:04 AM
To: Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Download database software

you need to download unzip for Unix

http://gatekeep.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Misc/unzip-5.52/

On 02/10/06, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org> wrote:

Hello all,
  I have hopefully a simple question. I downloaded oracle 10gR2 for the platform I needed to my pc as a .zip file. I ftp'ed it across to the HP UX itanium server that I want to load the software on. I tried unzip and it doesn't know unzip. I tried gunzip but it gives me an error. I tried all the optional parameters with gunzip and nothing. I even tried uncompress. How do I unzip a .zip file on unix?