RE: Oracle vs SQL Server

From: Bryan Thomas <bthomas_at_perftuning.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:05:39 -0500

Sandy,

Microsoft has a tool for this called the SQL Server Migration Assistant. You can download it for free. Run it on a windows machine with an Oracle client against your current Oracle database. It will give you a man hour estimate for migrating to SQL Server. This tool will transfer your schema's to SQL Server.

I have used the tool several times. Even with Microsoft's help, it normally comes out to 2000 to 5000 man hours. It does a bad job of migrating PL/SQL to T-SQL.

Here is the link http://www.microsoft.com/sql/migration.

Thanks,

Bryan