RE: database resource usage

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:01:11 -0500

Chris,

Could you adjust process priorities so that production always gets higher priority over test/dev? I forget what OS you're on, but if on UNIX/Linux you could add a little logic to /etc/profile for adjusting the priority.

Also, as far as tracking resource usage, I use Capacity Planner within OEM. Works great for tracking database and OS statistics, plus has the capability for graphing stats within the tool, along with trending.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA

Acxiom Corporation

3333 Finley

Downers Grove, IL 60515

wk: 630.944.4762

<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com <mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com> >

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner