RE: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:23:46 -0400

I think people get freaked out at the clutter and overall management of that, not to mention coping with patchsets that change more than just the binary ORACLE_HOME. When properly managed - automated, scripted, process-driven, disciplined, whatever, I think that's the key to making that successful. While many of the people on this list are disciplined, I think there are a lot of people out there who are not, especially given the chaotic, complex environments everyone is dealing with. This drives companies to make the default standard to just patch in place and deal with the results, as it's a little easier to wrap your mind around.

Matt