Re: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:35:18 -0700

We did a limited demo provisioning pack, patching a 9i database.

Though the database patch I did went smoothly, I would have to see something more convincing than that single demo.

There have been too many patch failures in my past.

We also created a database clone. That is fairly simple though when compared to patching.

Provisioning has other features (bare metal installs, OS and Oracle) but we didn't see any of that.

I might add that this is GC 10gR2. We were told that it works *much* better than GC 10gR1. So maybe the provisioning has been improved a bit over the previous version.

Jared

On 9/29/06, Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com> wrote:

> Did they demo the provisioning pack? We've had limited success getting
> it to work in our labs, and most of our customers have given up trying to
> get it work after a while. I'm curious what they showed in that area.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Jared Still