Re: Resetting Grid Control Metrics <SOLVED>

From: Robert Pegram <pegramrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Of course after hitting the enter key, the solution comes to me. The problem was a browser caching issue. Once I cleared the cache and reloaded the page, I was able to get around my problem. It would still be nice if Oracle would highlight the metric that is invalid.

Rob Pegram
Duke University

Does anyone know how to reset the metrics to their defaults for a database in Grid Control? During my testing, I have apparently changed one of the metrics on a database to an invalid format. Why Oracle would allow me to save it that way is beyond me, but that is another story. Now, whenever I go to that database, select metrics and policies, and choose ok (not changing anything), I get the following error: "Threshold Values - The format of the threshold values is not correct." However, it doesn't tell me which one of the dozens of metrics is invalid. It also does not include a reset all option. At this point, I just want to reset all the metrics to their default value and continue testing. Any ideas?

EM Grid Control 10.2.0.2
Linux RHEL

Thanks,
Rob Pegram