Re: Cloning Oracle versus Installing from OUI

From: Nilo Segura <nilosegura_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:32:42 +0200

We (dba team) do run the Solaris boxes where the DB are intalled, we combine syadmin + dba , so no conflict. For the linux boxes is a different story, but we have sudo so.... :)

The severs are dedicated to run oracle exclusively, so it is better if nobody else but the DBA team does touch the machines. The sysadmin team only install the linux part and some initial configuration, after that they hand the server over to us...

I think we are lucky...

--

Nilo Segura
Oracle Support - IT/DES