RE: Altering Freelist Groups in 10gR2 ?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:27:31 +0800

Quoting VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>:

> Mladen, Jonathan
>
> Also faced a Similar issue at a High End Benchmark with 10gR2 touching
> about 20,000 TPS. Respective Tables undergoing INSERTs had to be moved
> from ASSM to NON-Assm Tablespaces.
>
> Jonathan - Your assumption is Correct. Database currently exists in 9.2
> & most objects have freelists = 99. DB also needs to be migrated to
> 10.2.

Not to sound like a doomsayer, but:

It's not too long ago that I spent a night fishing left-over blobs out of a tablespace utterly corrupt by a combination of ASSM and LOB segments. In 9ir2, but the snags were there with 10g as well.

9.2.0.8 apparently - or so Metalick says - fixes all that. So does one the latest 10.2 release.

Bottom line: LOB and ASSM don't mix unless you've used the right container versions.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto